Re: [Protux-devel] Great Job on flicker problem !

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Great Job on flicker problem !
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:07:17 +0200

Thanks :-)

But I don't thinks a bitmap-move is necessary. Only the visible tracks are
recreated (Track::isVisible() is working properly now), and the drawing
routine isn't a CPU killer anymore. This is due the fact the mta region is
only painted once :-)

I looked at CPU usage when 'GOING' and zoomLevel 1:1 and there was only about
~12% CPU usage by the XFree server, and about 1-2 % for protux!!. (Celeron
800 MHz)
Using scroll has much less repainting for the MTA...

A read a week ago some old emails, and saw a mail from you about Changelog
entries (July). I'm sorry I didn't answer it, but the first thing I've done
is adding some Changelog entries. Have a look at it :-)

Remon

P.S. I've send this mail allready, so if this is the second one you get, just
ignore it, I had some problems with my mail-client.