Re: [Protux-devel] Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:10:07 +0200

> Hhhmmm .... as far as I know protux don't have some kind of oss-emulation,
> but maybe this could be a good feature request, guys? RFC

Ehm, alsa allready has oss-emulation, but protux only uses alsa as it is far
superior above oss.

If you've installed alsa, and everything works fine then there's no need to
have oss-emulation as all(most?) soundcards supported by oss are supported by
alsa ;-)
Only if you have (old) sound-applications which uses oss as the sound driver,
you need oss support.

Remon