Re: [Protux-devel] 0.20 JMB map discussion

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] 0.20 JMB map discussion
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:02:54 +0000

On Saturday 18 October 2003 15:53, Remon Sijrier wrote:
> Almost all new actions are fine for me, some changed actions are better
> then the former ones IMHO ;-)
> Some are, well, not intuitive and maybe a bit hard to get used to. (for
> example ^C[GT]:UD, or >G<<GH>> read below for more info)

are you sure there is such a >G<<GH>>  action ? this is impossible in jmb
(triple fact) right now

> The only thing I'm not happy with, is that I have a "broken" keyboard. So
> the keys are splitted between "T,Y", "G,H" and "B,N".
oops. splitted keyboards usage are highly discouraged in mustux applications.
We should put an warn about this in the
website.

> This makes actions like G>[H] or even [GP] very difficult. If it is
> possible, then keep all actions for the left hand on the left of the
> keyboard, with the F key as central place for the "pointing finger" (I
> really don't know the names of the fingers in English ;-) )

sorry, forget about, mustux apps is planned to be used with
stardand/not-splitted keyboards (those that have been invented more than a
century ago, and
the micro$oft tried to deprecate, hehe). The smallest the keyboard, the better
for mustux applications..
...but... in the future, jmb map will be user-configurable, so users could have
the map they want. Lets just remember that there must be an "Oficial Map",
for each mustux application, and that oficial map does not consider the
splitted keyboards.

--
Best Regards