Re: [Protux-devel] more hypothetical stuff ;-)

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] more hypothetical stuff ;-)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:10:00 -0200

> -------------------------------------
> LG: How about saving keys, and stabilish the single-key Z (magic zoom) for
> zoomings ? I never use the others...
> RA : Same here for me ... maybe we could use M == Magnify instead of Z, so
> maybe we could think about some special delete actions? Also the layout
> problem would be solved ;-)
> -------------------------------------

I dont know.. "M" is too distant, and zooming is a pretty used actions...

> Ok, now the ideas since IMO there could be other helpful stuff, especially
> for magnifying, like ...
>
> ^C<M>  to fit magnify levels automatically to TA (horizontal and vertical).
> Revert to the last used magnify state by doing ^C<M> again (when saying
> "fit" I mean all edges would be stretched to fill out the TA completely)
>
> ^C<N ,> fit horizontal to TA
>
> ^<J SPACE> fit vertical to TA

No zoom fit is possible in Protux zooming technique. It is fast because it is
prebuilded. Fit would required dynamic building, which is pretty sloooow, and
would
invalidate our zoom work of last 2 years. But "almost-fit" is possible.

> ^C<<M>> toggle between factor 1:1 and last used one.

this is cool

> <MS> to fit selcted clip(s) to TA
>
> <MR> fit region(s)  to TA

no fit possible :-(

> So finally for crop stuff we could use ...
> ^C<ZC>   outcrop (the bordering clips on this track only)
> ^C>Z>X   leftcrop
> ^C>X>C   rightcrop
> ^C>Z<ZX>   leftcropALL
> ^C>X<XC>   rightcropALL
> ^C>X<<ZX>>   leftcropALLtracks
> (this means: all clips on all tracks will be deleted or shortened before
> this clip) ^C>X<<XC>>   rightcropALLtracks
> ^C<<ZC>> outcropALLtracks

again, I still like the "Z" for zooming. I dont like "M" but maybe another one,
like "Q". It is not used and is pretty near.
"Q" looks like those "detective lens" (I dont know the english word for
portuguese "LUPA")