Re: [Protux-devel] Questions to Martin

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Questions to Martin
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:14:45 +0100

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:59:39 -0300
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> 1) how do I insert a "-x c++" flag in every compilation sentence ?

you add it to the "AM_CXXFLAGS" variable in the Makefile.am of the concerned
directories.

> 2) I want to change all moc_XXX.cc  to XXX.mc and all mocXXX.mo to XXX.mo,
> where these things are being controlled ?

That's also in Makefile.am
There is no need to change mocXXX.mo to XXX.mo, as there should be no .mo files
left. If you still have .mo files, you can remove them, they are still from the
periode of the first autotool by Tapio using KDE's autoconf files.
(there are only moc_XXX.cc and moc_XXX.o moc files, and they are all generated
by make, so they are not in CVS)

For the first change i don't see any reason to do it.
But if we change moc_XXX.cc files to XXX.mc, we will have a problem with object
files, as 2 different source files will generate the same object file (XXX.o),
so we'll have to reintroduce *.mo files :-(
Personally i don't like the .mc and .mo extensions, as they are just plain C++
and object files, so they should have the standard extension.
Furthermore they need special build rules in autotool...

But i think it's possible to do it, but could be a bit tricky due to the
non-standard extensions.

If you really want it i can try to do it, it requires changes in Makefile.am

/Martin