[Protux-devel] Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Protux-devel] Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:58:04 +0100

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:00:34 -0300
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> for while, if you want , you cant take care of the skip_header,
> virtually, so each format will skip its header appropriately.

ok

> > >  - PrafFile::create() doesn't call write_header(), while
> > > WavFile::create() does it with default values... The behavior of this 2
>
> the correct behavior is create() must NOT call write_header, in both
> PRAF and WAV classes

> this is because write_header have different parameters. not calling
> it, forces the application to manually call write_header with the
> correct parameters for each type.

that's good

> will you remove it from Wav ?

i'll take care of these.

Otherwise i'd like to ask you if you would agree with adding FLAC (Free
Lossless Audio Compression) to MustuxAudioFileFormat ? FLAC is an Open-Source
Lossless Audio Compression format, and its decoding is already implemented in
several Hardware audio players.
(more infos on http://flac.sf.net)

I would take care of adding it to MustuxAudioFileFormat (using the official
libFLAC which is GPL). After that it would require to adapt Protux's Audio
import in order to use it... as well as finally making Ogg/Vorbis really
usable. I'd like to work on Ogg as well if it's ok with you.

/Martin