Re: [Protux-devel] Possible Migration to Java

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Possible Migration to Java
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:25:10 +0200

hi,

at first, it's fine to hear some news from you, since the latest commits
are a long time ago ... ;-)

about porting:
I can't say much about that stuff since I'm not a coder, but many month
ago I've checked out another java-audio-app called laoe
www.oli4.ch/laoe/

indeed ... it looks very nice, had a lot of functionallity, but was
daaaamnnn slooooowwwwww compared to other applications.

there is also another app I've heared about called Eisenkraut
sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=132039

which I did not tested so far.

so if the other guys are willing to learn java ;-) ,
java will be right now fast enough to handle audio stuff and the
hardware accelaration (I think this is done via pci card???) cost not to
much I don't have a problem using java-protux.

greetings
reinhard