pspp-dev

Re: license pspp

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: license pspp
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:10:35 -0700

<address@hidden> writes:

>> You're doing something wrong.  No one else has these problems.
>
> Certainly I am doing something in another way, because no one (as I
> understand) is working at PSPP on Windows platform and Visual C++.
> struct cmd_t_test is defined nowhere (I have found it nowhere in
> distribution of PSPP 0.3.0, except file t-test.q, where I can't find
> definition ot this structure). I suspect, that there is no either some
> header files, or something other.

*.q can't be compiled directly.  You have to run them through q2c
to get a compilable file.  That will define the structure.  If
you'd taken 5 minutes to look at the Makefile, you'd already know
this.

>> Help is welcome, but so far you haven't demonstrated that you
>> have enough competence to even compile PSPP.  I doubt, therefore,
>> that you have enough competence to enhance it.
>
> I don't thing that I am a professional programmer. I am working at some
> probability models, theory of statistics, etc. It is closer to my nature, as
> well teaching. But still, I think, it is possible to attract some people,
> who are good programmers.
> I think, that probability models in PSPP are needed. Of course, good
> programmers, who can implement them, are welcome.

You're welcome to implement them.  If they're written well and
you fill out the necessary paperwork from the FSF, I'll accept
them.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden