pspp-dev

Re: Logo prototype

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Logo prototype
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:46:35 -0800

address@hidden writes:

> The images are online at the following location:
> http://www.brunier.nl/pspp/pspp.svg and
> http://www.brunier.nl/pspp/pspp.png

It looks nice.  I especially like the positioning of the gnu and
the www.gnu.org lettering down the side.  I am a little worried
that it looks too much like the SPSS logo.  To start, I'd remove
the R-in-a-circle (we don't have a registered trademark).  Also,
perhaps the PSPP letters should be moved apart from one another
(if they don't overlap as in the SPSS logo, it will look less
like it) or we could use a font that doesn't look so much like
the SPSS logo font.
--
"To prepare for the writing of Software,
 the writer must first become one with it,