pspp-dev

Re: Mac OS tester

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: Re: Mac OS tester
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:59:32 -0400

I’ve been doing the compiles on both Panther and the latest release of Tiger, 10.4.1.  Basically, you need to make sure you have the latest versions of autoconf, (2-59) automake, (1.9.5) and gettext  (0.14.2).  As the pspp.4 docs mention, you also need the gsl library (1.6) and the gmp library (4.1.4).  The plotutils package (2.4.1) is also useful.  This will allow for a compile that produces an executable that passes all the supplied tests.

One can also do a   make distcheck   if you are interested in distributing the package.  This is currently failing in the tex related section of the check:  it seems to be a problem with makeinfo.  Perhaps you may be of assistance in this area—I’ve been trying to get a newer version of makeinfo to compile and install, and I’m currently getting symbol clashes  with the libraries on the Mac.

Hope this is helpful.

   Marshall