pspp-dev

Re: Mac OS X 10.4.2 now passes all checks/tests

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.4.2 now passes all checks/tests
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:11:15 -0700

"Marshall DeBerry" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've now gotten pspp 0.4rc3 to pass all checks/tests on Mac OS X 10.4.2,
> including the make  distcheck.  Basically, for make distcheck, I had to
> install the latest version of makeinfo, which is part of the GNU Texinfo 4.8
> package.  I had version 4.7, and version 4.8 was needed.  There was also an
> issue in getting this version of makeinfo to compile on the Mac, but that's
> another story.
>    Marshall

Okay, I applied a patch to the NEWS file:

    +  Some reports state that Texinfo 4.8, the latest version, may be
    +  necessary to successfully format the documentation on some systems.
    +

(If anyone else has this problem then I'll state it as a
requirement instead of a suggestion.)

I've also applied this unrelated change to the README:

     SPSS's transformation language.  Its statistical procedure support is
     currently limited, but growing.

    -Source code for the latest development release of PSPP is available at
    -ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp
    -
     For information on differences from previous versions, please see file
     NEWS.  Full documentation on PSPP's language can be found in the doc/
     directory.

    +Source code for the latest release of PSPP is available at
    +ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/pspp/.  Older versions may be obtained from
    +ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/.  Development sources are available from
    +CVS at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/pspp
    +
     Questions and comments regarding PSPP can be sent to address@hidden
     PSPP bug reports may be sent to address@hidden or filed in the