pspp-dev

Re: release candidate 5 available--build results and FC4

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: release candidate 5 available--build results and FC4
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:56:08 -0700

"Marshall DeBerry" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, here's the first few/last few lines of the 1,133 "error" lines produced
> when make check is run under Solaris 9:
>
> PASS: stats/percentiles-enhanced.sh
> 1,1133d0
> < 1e2 => 100.00
> < 1e+2 => 100.00
> < 1e-2 => 0.01

It's showing the whole thing as failing.  I actually suspect that
this is not the case.  I've attached a new version of the
tests/xforms/expressions.sh test that breaks the monolithic test
up into several subtests.  Can you please replace the version of
that file in your source tree with the attachment and rerun the
tests?

> Also, an issue with make check on Fedora Core 4, using the most recent gcc
> 4.0.1 compiler, which now produces this:
>
> ...................../command/sort.sh: line 84: 11952 Segmentation
> fault      $PERL gen-data.pl $count $repeat >sort.data
> generate data for 50000 1 run
> NO RESULT
> FAIL: command/sort.sh
> =====================================
> 1 of 93 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden

I think that this is likely caused by Perl trying to allocate a
lot of memory due to "1...100000" in the syntax.  I've attached a
new version of tests/bugs/big-input-2.sh.  Can you replace the
existing version of that file and rerun the tests?

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)
        -- Linus Torvalds