pspp-dev

Re: release candidate 5 available--stack trace for Solaris

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: release candidate 5 available--stack trace for Solaris
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:23:04 -0700

> Well we're getting somewhere.  The parameters for show_summary are clearly
> rediculous.

In my experience sometimes gdb just gets arguments wrong.  It
seems "difficult" to get them right in the presence of compiler
optimizations.  The latest versions of gdb and gcc are supposed
to be better at this but I don't know whether they really are in
practice.

> But I don't know why you're only seeing the first few stack
> frames.

I wonder whether -g is being used consistently.
--
"Note that nobody reads every post in linux-kernel.   In fact, nobody who
 expects to have time left over to  actually do any real kernel work will