pspp-dev

Re: release candidate 5 available--Solaris now passes all tests

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: release candidate 5 available--Solaris now passes all tests
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:22:33 -0700

"DeBerry, Marshall" <address@hidden> writes:

> Jut a slight update.  I reran the configure without the the -O0 flag,
> but with -g, and had no problem with the check test running on
> examine.sh.  Just running configure with no CFLAGS set, causes the Abort
> to happen.
>
> Generally, when quirkies like that happen, doesn't it point to some sort
> of memory leak somewhere?

It may indicate a memory-related bug, simply because those are
some of the most common hard-to-find bugs in practice.  It is
probably not a memory leak, because a memory leak just means that
memory is wasted.

Strangely, I couldn't reproduce this bug on Solaris 8 using any
of GCC 3.3, 4.0, or the Sun C compiler.  (Actually the Sun
compiler gives some warnings and errors we should fix, but
they're not related to this problem.)

What version of GCC are you using?
--
"Long noun chains don't automatically imply security."
--Bruce Schneier