pspp-dev

RE: PSPP goals

From: Wilson,Tom
Subject: RE: PSPP goals
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:16:40 -0700

Marshall DeBerry writes:

> The devil is in the details, of course, but you've made a big start
with
> the current versions of pspp.  I think one of the hard areas will be
the
> graphical interfaces, as there is the Windows XP (now Vista) world,
the
> Linux Gnome/KDE world, the Mac OS X Aqua/Cocoa world, and then say the

> Solaris world with gtk/gnome.

For what it is worth, the Pan newsreader project uses gtk-win to
accomplish a great port of the program (which uses a linux gnome
interface) to Windows.  If I had to vote on an approach to the GUI, I'd
vote for GTK/Gnome as I think it would be the one thing you could get
running on Linux, Solaris, and Windows with the least amount of platform
specific changes.