pspp-dev

groff-font.c compile trouble and fix

From: Jason Stover
Subject: groff-font.c compile trouble and fix
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:39:11 +0000

$ uname -a
NetBSD ukato 2.0.2_STABLE NetBSD 2.0.2_STABLE (sdf) #0: Thu Oct 20 06:04:52 UTC
2005 ... alpha

$ make

groff-font.c:45: warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function
type
groff-font.c: In function `font_msg':
groff-font.c:398: error: incompatible type for argument 3 of `tmsg'
*** Error code 1

The problem is in the definition of this function:

       /* Prints a font error on stderr. */
       static int
       font_msg (int class, const char *format,...)
       {
         va_list args;

         va_start (args, format);
         tmsg (class, format, args, _("installation error: Groff font error:
"));
         va_end (args);

          return 0;
         }

The declaration of tmsg in error.h is:

      void tmsg (int class, const char *title, const char *format, ...)
         PRINTF_FORMAT (3, 4);

The following seems right to me, and it compiles, but I'm too afraid of
stomping on someone else's work to check this in:

        /* Prints a font error on stderr. */
        static int
        font_msg (int class, const char *format,...)
        {
          va_list args;

          va_start (args, format);
          tmsg (class, format, _("installation error: Groff font error: "),
args);
          va_end (args);

          return 0;
        }

Does this look like the right fix? It still compiles under GNU/Linux.

-Jason
--
address@hidden