pspp-dev

[patch #5402] RANK draft 1

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #5402] RANK draft 1
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:02:22 -0700

Follow-up Comment #16, patch #5402 (project pspp):

> What was your solution to this? My idea would be to add a new variable and
> transformation which populates it with unique group values.

That would work.

My solution was to generalize the sort routines to accept a set of
"break variables" in addition to the set of sort criteria.  Sorting only
occurs within groups designated by equal break variables.  I like this
solution because it could be useful in other circumstances as well and
because it doesn't require additional variables.  It was just my initial
implementation was wrong.

BTW, my main computer is down with a hard disk failure.  Until then I'm using
web-based email that uses "address@hidden" as the From address instead of
"address@hidden".  I did reply to your message about transformation numbering
but
it got caught in the pspp-dev non-member email trap.  I assume you can free
it...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?5402>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/