pspp-dev

Re: data/transformations.h

From: Benjamin Levy Pfaff
Subject: Re: data/transformations.h
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:50:06 -0700

Quoting John Darrington <address@hidden>:

> Does anyone object if we change the line
>
>  typedef int trns_proc_func (void *, struct ccase *, int);
>
> to read
>
>  typedef int trns_proc_func (void *, struct ccase *, unsigned long);
>
> ??
>
> It makes it compatible with the return type of casereader_cnum, and
> avoids the possibility of overflow on very large casefiles.

That's fine with me.  I've been mulling the possibility of creating a
typedef for case numbers, so that we could easily change them to unsigned
long long later--I suspect that >4G cases is not impossible, although
uncommon.

BTW, my responsiveness will be poor for a few days because of a hard disk
failure last Friday.  I don't expect I've lost any actual data, because I
back up obsessively, but it'll take IBM a few days to ship me a replacement
hard drive for my ThinkPad, and then reinstalling can take a little while
too.