pspp-dev

Re: fix distcheck

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: fix distcheck
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 21:01:36 +0900

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 09:37:45AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     "make distcheck" currently fails because doc/ni.texi is not
     distributed, which forces the Info documentation to be remade.
     But that's not supposed to happen: we shouldn't require it to be
     remade if the user doesn't change it, and in fact the distcheck
     target enforces that by making the source directory read-only.

I think it's a bit of a silly requirement.  Imagine if the same policy
existed for the binaries as well as the documentation.  Distributing
something which whose corresponding source is also distributed is
redundant.

     The patch below fixes it.  The important part is moving ni.texi
     from nodist_doc_pspp_TEXINFOS to doc_pspp_TEXINFOS.  The deletion
     of "am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR=./doc" is unnecessary to fix the problem,
     but I couldn't figure out what it was actually doing and it's not
     in the change log or the CVS log.

This was always a kludge, and was obviously automake version specific.

     OK to check in?

Have you verified that ni.texi will, in fact, get rebuilt if it's
dependencies change?  If so, then go ahead and check it in.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3