pspp-dev

Re: bug release tags

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: bug release tags
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:32:08 -0700

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 08:31:50AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      I added Release tags to all the bugs that didn't have them.
>      These are just how I felt about a combination of their importance
>      and the amount of difficulty in their implementation.  Feel free
>      to change them.
>
> That's 27 bugs with the "Before 0.6.0" tag.  We'll have to have a
> debugging party.

Yes.  I've more or less decided that I'm going to spend all my
PSPP work time, starting now, on fixing these pre-release bugs.

Some of them might just get retagged "post-0.6.0" I guess.

> Here's my list of features which I've been thinking about, roughly in
> order of importance (as I see it).  I don't think that the next
> release should wait until all these things are done.  The question is,
> where should it occur?

Here is the list of what I'd want to see addressed before a
release where we encourage people to use the GUI.  Everything is
negotiable of course, this is just my first thought:

> * Investigate numerous Gtk CRITICALs.
> * Bug refreshing variable sheet on file reload.
> * At least some sort of output viewable from the GUI, even if just an
>   ascii rendering.

Reasoning: these things make the GUI usable.  Everything else
just makes it better.

I don't know how serious this is so I can't judge:

--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org