pspp-dev

Re: libpspp + Perl module somewhere down the road?

From: Jörg Beyer
Subject: Re: libpspp + Perl module somewhere down the road?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:53:31 +0200

Am 23.10.2007 20:05 Uhr schrieb Ben Pfaff (<address@hidden>):

> Jörg Beyer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am 23.10.2007 17:41 Uhr schrieb Ben Pfaff (<address@hidden>):
>>> Jörg Beyer <address@hidden> writes:
>> Sorry, I was unclear here. What I found was the directory
>>   /usr/local/lib/pspp    _as part of the installation_, and it is empty.
>
> I am surprised that we install an empty lib directory.  At first
> glance, my guess is that this happens because the GUI installs a
> shared library into that directory, but you didn't (I surmise)
> compile the GUI.

Bingo! I skipped the GUI-stuff. Thanks for the clarification.

Btw., I planned to send you the installation session log separately -- 'make
check' failed in pspp 0.4.0,  0.4.3-alpha_2007-04-03 and
0.4.3-alpha_2007-10-02, so you may possibly be interested to have a look at
it. Is it better to post it to bug-gnu-pspp, or shall I rather send it
off-list to your address?

Thanks

Jörg

Jörg Beyer