pspp-dev

Re: GNU PSPP 0.6.2-pre6 now available

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: GNU PSPP 0.6.2-pre6 now available
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:41:27 -0700

> If I'm not wrong, then all of these problems a) also exist in
> 0.6.1; and b) have been fixed in 0.7.x.
>
> As I understand it, the purpose of this release is to fix
> serious bugs in 0.6.1 where possible.  I think that the issues
> you have raised are missing features rather than bugs.  So it's
> not appropriate to backport the patches from master.

I agree with John.

In addition to 0.6.2 being a bugfix release, there is also the
question of developer time.  We already have too few developers
to make fast progress on new releases.  If we start back-porting
changes from 0.7.x to 0.6.x, then we won't get much done at all.

The situation would be different, I think, if we had someone to
carefully back-port features and tested them.  (Any volunteers?)
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org