pspp-dev

Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:50:33 +0000

The answer to the GUI question is Glade http://glade.gnome.org
Also the Gtk+ tutorial at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-tutorial/stable/
may be helpful.

Most of PSPP is written in C (not C++) so a working knowledge of the
language is advantageous.

The rest of the things you mentioned are details which I would not worry
about until they become a problem for you.  My general advice to anyone
wanting to get started would be "jump straight in".  Browse the README.Git
file, and start building.  No doubt you will encounter problems to begin
with - just ask on this list and somebody will put you straight.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3