pspp-dev

Re: problem with this file

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: problem with this file
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:36:17 +0000

[ CCing address@hidden ]

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 09:14:07PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     Hi

     It is a bit more complicated. On wine the problem doesn't exist and my
     openSUSE box also doesn't have a problem. However on MSWindows, when I type
     the quotation mark I get the Acute Accent which afterwards gives the
     problem. I could only enter the correct quotation mark when entering it the
     Gnome way with Ctrl+Shft+U

What keyboard do you use?

     The last way will be hard to explain to MSWindows users. Could this have
     anything to do with the bug you found?

I don't think so.  One think I have noticed, is that the encoding guesser
wrongly
guesses your test-file as UTF-8 when it's clearly iso-8859-1/windows1252  Maybe
that has something to do with it.  Does it make any difference if you manually
select the encoding?

     Besides I am surprised that a comment line in a syntax file is parsed and
     not totally transparent for PSPP Or does this happen when the parser is
     looking for the terminator?

That surprises me too, but there are a lot of wierd things with the way the
syntax
parser works.

     Thanks for the new show additions. I used them and see the Tempdir has the
     PSSP temp dir added with /pspp.... instead of \pspp.... as expected on
     mswindows. But it seems to be used so I guess that is no problem. However I
     see that not all tempdir's are removed. I thought I saw tempdir's being
     removed but couldn't reproduce this reliable. When testing this, none of
     them were removed.

They should be removed when the program terminates.

Anyway I don't think any of this has anything to do with that user's problem.

J'