pspp-dev

Debian GUI Issues [was Re: Debian test errors]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Debian GUI Issues [was Re: Debian test errors]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:28:08 +0000

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 05:05:53PM +0100, bojo42 wrote:

     Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2012, 14:54 +0000 schrieb John Darrington:

     >     The other issue in Debian is related to the icon installation as PSPP
     >     installs /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache and there are some
     >     other packages which also ship that file. Probably no package should
     >     really ship it at all, as this is a very general location.
     >
     > Yes.  It should not be shipped if it already exists.  Instead it should
be
     > updated in the post-inst stage

     I am taking a look into that, cause there should already be a common
     method to do so in Debian. But isn't there a way that benifits other
     distro in generell and am i right that you just use it to speed up the
     UI menu?

As a recall, this file was necessary to actually associate the icons with their
respective stock items - they didn't actually appear otherwise.  However, it's
a long time since I wrote that stuff so I could be mistaken.

     >     Would be also
     >     great if we can stop installing the 16x16 icons
     >     under /usr/share/icons/16x16/pspp as this is quite a uncommon place
for
     >     package specific icons. Do you think you can fix that in Git?
     >
     > Where would be a common place to put them?

     /usr/share/pspp/icons

     or

     /usr/share/pspp/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions (or status, ...)

     Like above: they're just used inside the UI, right?

OK.  I'll look into a possible new location.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.