pspp-dev

Re: gtk3: Replaced PsppSheetView with GtkTreeView for the variables wind

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: gtk3: Replaced PsppSheetView with GtkTreeView for the variables window
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:12:21 +0100

Am 13.12.2015 um 20:41 schrieb John Darrington <address@hidden>:
> Somebody pointed me to https://github.com/baedert/listbox-c
>
> This seems to rather evectively impement a widget which displays a list of
> rows in O(1) time and space.    And it is nicely uncomplicated at the moment.
> It lazily creates the rows, and displays them only as needed.
>
> It doesn't do multiple columns, but perhaps could be extended to do so.

Hi John,

good idea to talk with the gtk folks. I guess the listbox-c shows the direct
data retrieval
in a a nice way. But it would not only require to add columns but also all this
editing
and selecting based on mouse and keys. Maybe some clean extension of listbox-c
is nicer
than building something around treeview.

Do the gtk guys see the problem of gtktreeview with large datasets and do they
have a plan?
Is there a chance that something like the extended listbox-c-lazy-gtksheet
would ever make it
into gtk?

Friedrich