pspp-users

building on cygwin [Was: Re: pspp new bee]

From: John Darrington
Subject: building on cygwin [Was: Re: pspp new bee]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:50:26 +0800

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 06:06:05PM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:
     My problems:

     1)
     - copy /usr/include/ncurses/term.h to /usr/include/term.h   (this looks as
     bug somewhere)
     No idea why cygwin places this file in the include/ncurses directory and
the
     make of pspp is looking in the include directory.

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll try to  address this in the
next pre-release tarball.  In  the meantime, a better work around
would be to use "CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncurses ./configure" when
configuring the build.

      2)
     When I compile without "--without-gui" then the ./configure tells me:
     =============
     configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not installed.
     You must install them before PSPP cab be built:
             gtk+ 2.0 v2.12.0 or later (or use --without-gui)
             libglade 2.0 (or use --withput-gui)
     ==============
     As far as I understand I have GTK+ 1.2.10-2 which is too old and libglade2
     2.5.1-1 which should be new enough if libglade=libglade2.

The 1.x and 2.x series of GTK+ are considered different libraries by
most packaging systems.  You need to install the one package with a
name similar to gtk2-x11-devel

You can find out which versions you have installed by typing

pkg_config --modversion gtk+-2.0
pkg_config --modversion libglade-2.0

J'

--