pspp-users

Re: Sample dataset

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Sample dataset
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:37:55 +0000

To qualify as free software, permission has to be granted, not only to you,
but also to all third parties.

Furthermore, permission has to cover, modification and distribution of
modified work.

J'

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:51:03AM -0300, michel wrote:
     Hello,

     I'm searching some free dataset to include as example on PSPP. I've sended
     an email to GSS (http://www.norc.org/GSS+Website/) asking
     if we could use some sub-set of variables and cases to use, and they
     answered me this:

     > Sub-sets of GSS data are used in many teaching packages, instructional
     data sets, and analysis programs.
     > If you wanted to create some demonstration data set from the GSS (some
     sub-set of variables and cases)
     > and to include that with your program that would be acceptable to us. We
     would need to
     > a) know the specific content of the GSS data file you are providing (e.g.
     what variables for what years) and
     > b) receive one copy of the product that you are creating.

     Do you think we could use it?

     Best regards,

     Michel