pspp-users

Re: Sample dataset

From: Gene Shackman
Subject: Re: Sample dataset
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:17:43 -0700 (PDT)

There are bunches of free to use data sets on the web.  The ones on my page
http://gsociology.icaap.org/dataupload.html
are public domain, and so are free to use in any way you want.

So for example this one in all public domain data.
PD-Data2   http://gsociology.icaap.org/data/PD-Data2.xls   world factbook (migration, infant mortality, gdp per capita, literacy, population, phone lines and per capita), International database (infant mortality), USDA data (food expenditure as percent of total expenditures, percent of food expenditure by type of food).

I'd be very happy if you included this or another of the data sets of all public domain data in your pspp install.

In addition, there are bunches of other data sets from others here
http://gsociology.icaap.org/data.htm

most of these are not public domain but I'm sure most of the people who created these would also be happy to have their data sets included.

Gene

Gene Shackman, Ph.D.
The Global Social Change Research Project
http://gsociology.icaap.org
Free Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research
http://gsociology.icaap.org/methods
Applied Sociologist