pspp-users

Re: 0.74 - two errors

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: 0.74 - two errors
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:54:52 -0700

Matej Kovacic <address@hidden> writes:

> First is - if I click to a area marked in "click-error.png" (in Ubuntu
> Karmic build), PSPP just closes (crashes?), without any warning or question.

Thank you for the report.  I was able to reproduce this, so I
filed a bug.  You can view it at:
        https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29659

> The second is, when I try to do a random sample and mark cases are
> filtered (not deleted), cases are actually deleted. I tried to filter
> cases and then select all, and unselected cases are just gone.

I think that this is the same bug as reported in
        http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?29604

We have had several similar reports lately, so this must be
causing trouble for a number of people.  I will try to get time
to work on it.

> In "filtered.png" you can see what SPSS does in that case (it marks
> cases as not selected).

If you enter a FILTER BY command as syntax, PSPP will do that
too.  I think that we just need the Select Cases dialog box to
generate slightly different syntax.

> P. S. In output window it is not possible to select (and copy) a single
> table or graph (and "copy" option is useless then). Are there any plans
> to change that?

Yes, I do plan to change that, when I have time.

> If output window would show HTML output, I guess it would be possible to
> apply custom CSS styles on it, so it would be possible to load your own
> "design templates". Any plans on that?

I think that is a good idea, too.
--
Ben Pfaff