pspp-users

RE: multiple commands in one pass of data

From: la
Subject: RE: multiple commands in one pass of data
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:24:07 -0400

After some more testing, here's what I found out.

The fields that I have defined as numeric [ N ] have a lot of records with
that field as blank.

So PSPP generates this warning:

warning: (columns 12-15,N field) All characters in field must be digits.

I knew that was the case so I was setting this parameter: SET MXWARNS=1

This is what causes pspp to stop executing after the first
procedure/command.

If I use a small test file and SET MXWARNS=1000, then it works.

But it will not work with the default of 200.  I think as long as you get
less warnings than the MXWARNS, then it works.

Thoughts on a workaround?

I can probably re-code blanks to 0 but there are cases when I need to know
if an attribute was 0 or blank.  I will try using null value for blanks and
see how that works.

Thanks
Luis