pspp-users

Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 19

From: Erik Frebold
Subject: Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 19
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:58:44 -0800 (PST)

-----Original Message-----

> Date: Tue Jan 24 09:00:12 PST 2012
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 19
> To: address@hidden
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. How do I print variable and data view papers?
>       (Christopher Hildebrandt)
>    2. Re: How do I print variable and data view papers?
>       (John Darrington)

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 01:16:24 -0700
> From: Christopher Hildebrandt <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: How do I print variable and data view papers?
>
> I am taking a class at a university that requires the use of spss
> which I am opposed to purchasing. I found PSPP and have had no problem
> doing assignments on the GUI since it is very similar to spss, the
> only problem is that there is NO PRINT BUTTON! I am not technically
> savvy enough to perform any of the command line stuff I found posted
> in the forums, and the user manual appears to have been written in
> Greek and translated into Latin then into Swahili or something...
> could someone help me figure it out? my assignment is already late and
> I have another due tomorrow. I am trying to print a variable view of
> my data set, and a data view just to demonstrate that I have entered
> the correct data under those tabs. the version of pspp i am using is:
> psppire.exe 0.7.8-g796bca. thank you!

I slightly hesitate to mention this because it may violate principles and I
don't want to state the obvious, but I've been in a similar situation, and at
the time I found my university had some terminals with a version of SPSS
installed, so that students weren't (technically) forced to purchase the
software. My first choice was always PSPP, but if I ran into difficulties that
looked like they were going to consume a lot of time, I had success writing
some labs on the SPSS terminals (and most on PSPP). That way I got familiar
with both systems, which I reasoned was handy because proprietary software does
turn up a lot in employment situations, and because, well, PSPP is awesome.
Regards,
Erik