pspp-users

Re: translation

From: harry . thijssen
Subject: Re: translation
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:37:08 +0000

http://translationproject.org/html/translators.html

> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:41:01 +0200
> From: Matej Kovacic address@hidden>
> To: "address@hidden" address@hidden>
> Subject: translation

> Hi,
>
> I foud out translation of PSPP into slovenian language is very bad, so I
> contatced translator and we decided I will take care of slovenian
> translation of PSPP.
>
> I downloaded file pspp-0.7.9.sl.po from translationproject.org, made a
> revision of translated strings and translated some additional strings.
> Now I am on around 36% of translation.
>
> I have two questions.
>
> First, I would like to "test" my translation before submitting a file.
> That means - I would like to run PSPP on my computer with translated
> strings to see how does the translation really looks. which is the
> easiest way to do that?

The po file should be transferred to a .mo file. After that you can place it in the correct directory. A long time ago I wrote a text for it on http://sakla.net/cgi-bin/oddmuse.cgi/Localization_and_Translations
This was before PSPP uses the translation project, but I think it contains the information you are looking for.

> Second - to whom should I send a .po file to assure it will be included
> in next PSPP build without any problems?

The translation of PSPP is done by the translation project. You best read http://translationproject.org/html/translators.html
The PSPP developers pick up the new translations and include it in there packet.

> P. S. I have some experience with localisation, I was leading the
> slovenian branch of Debian localisation team a few years ago...
>
> Regards,
> Matej

Have fun