pspp-users

Re: Running Production Job on PSPP

From: Matthew Silver
Subject: Re: Running Production Job on PSPP
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:24:47 -0400

The .spj file is a production job which runs several .sps files at once. A more detailed explanation can be found at the link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/spssstat/v20r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.spss.statistics.help%2Fidh_prod.htm

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:28:41PM +0000, Matthew Silver wrote:
> Using batch, I am able to run SPSS production jobs, .spj files that
> run several .sps files at once. In order to run a .spj file called
> "%TEMP%" (which I have defined earlier in the batch file) that uses
> data from the file %DATA%, I type
>
> "C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Statistics\21\stats.exe" %TEMP% -production silent -symbol @datafile %DATA%
>
> Unfortunately, SPSS is expensive, and I was asked whether I could make
> this batch statement work with PSPP. I tried swapping the .exe
> statement at the beginning with the PSPP equivalent, but that didn't
> work. I also experimented with keeping and omitting combinations of
> the words between %TEMP% and %DATA%, to no avail. Does anyone know the
> specific batch code needed to get a production job running in PSPP?

PSPP doesn't have any code specific to .spj files.  We could add some.
What is in an .spj file?  What is the format?

Thanks,

Ben.