pspp-users

Running Production Job on PSPP

From: Matthew Silver
Subject: Running Production Job on PSPP
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:28:41 +0000

Hello Everyone,

I posted this question on a previous thread but didn’t phrase it well, so I’ll try again…

Using batch, I am able to run SPSS production jobs, .spj files that run several .sps files at once. In order to run a .spj file called “%TEMP%” (which I have defined earlier in the batch file) that uses data from the file %DATA%, I type

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Statistics\21\stats.exe" %TEMP% -production silent -symbol @datafile %DATA%

Unfortunately, SPSS is expensive, and I was asked whether I could make this batch statement work with PSPP. I tried swapping the .exe statement at the beginning with the PSPP equivalent, but that didn’t work. I also experimented with keeping and omitting combinations of the words between %TEMP% and %DATA%, to no avail. Does anyone know the specific batch code needed to get a production job running in PSPP? Thanks!

Matt