pspp-users

PSPP bug in 8.3

From: Richard Lee Rogers
Subject: PSPP bug in 8.3
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 00:57:44 +0000

Greeting. There is a bug in PSPP 8.3 for Windows.  The dataset field we found this on is a file of the 50 states and District of Columbia--the problem is the variable regionname, which is an alphanumeric. In running a frequency distribution on a variable (Analyze>Descriptive Statistics>Frequencies), the output does not aggregate the table into four rows like it should--instead, each state is its own row.

The bug is not present in version 8.2.

I have been experimenting with this software in an undergrad stats class.  The bug was a bit embarrassing. I have told them to delete version 8.3 and replace it with 8.2.

Regards,

Richard Lee Rogers
Department of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences
Youngstown State University
Phone: 330-941-3543