pupa-devel

Re: PUPA bugfixes

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: PUPA bugfixes
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:16:54 +0100

Quoting "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden>:

> Well, although this is my own mistake, I think it would be better to change
> the name "pupa_currticks" to a more appropriate one. It was because I just
> copied it from GRUB with no consideration. That's bad.
>
> To follow the naming convention for PUPA, I propose renaming it to
> pupa_get_rtc. Marco, could you do this, please?

Of course, I will do this.

> Also, I think it would be better to decrease PUPA_CACHE_TIMEOUT, as I can
> exchange a floppy with another in 3 seconds. :)

I have tested this and I had the impression 5 seconds is a good time.
Of course you can do that in 3 seconds, but in that case you are just
trying to beat the timeout for my feeling ;). Well, I'll change this to two
seconds.

I assume, after changing this, the patch is ok.  I will check it in this
evening.

Thanks,
Marco