pupa-devel

Re: Readline patch

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Readline patch
Date: 03 Dec 2003 20:28:01 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> Please use "nested function" rather than "local function". That name is
> consistent with the GCC manual, and I'm afraid that people will think
> about "static function" when hearing "local function".
>
> And, use upper characters for any macro name, except for the prefix
> "pupa_". So it should be called "pupa_I386_CHECK_NESTED_FUNCTIONS".
>
> But maybe is it better to rename the macro to
> "pupa_I386_CHECK_REGPARM_BUG"? This sounds intuitive to me.
>
> > +AC_MSG_CHECKING([if the compiler has a bug when using mregparam=3 on
> > the i386])
>
> This message is a bit tedious. How about this:
>
> AC_MSG_CHECKING([if GCC has the regparm=3 bug])
>
> Is this too brief?

Thanks for your comments.  You were right as usual. :)

I have made these changes and committed my patch.

Now I'm going to have a look at the rest of normal mode (popt and
adding some commands).  When I have some time, I hope around
Christmas, I will try to port PUPA to the PPC (new-world apple).

Thanks,
Marco