pupa-devel

Re: intro

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: intro
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:06:54 +0100

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 05:13, pietro wrote:
> i joined pupa-devel 2 weeks ago. i'm taking a look at the source and
> i'm trying to get familiarized with the code. anyone suggest a small
> task or bugfix i could do in order to get familiarized with the code?

I'm not sure which is small, but I think it is easy to write a simple
installer which installs PUPA onto a disk, like grub-install in GRUB.
It may be a shell script (mostly just a list of commands) as I did in
grub-install.

Another possibility would be a filesystem. I don't think it is so easy
to add a new filesystem, but you can refer to another implementation,
like GRUB, Linux, and FreeBSD. Currently, PUPA only supports FAT and
ext2, so it is very useful for you to add, say, Reiserfs or whatever
else.

If you think these are too difficult, I can suggest other possibilities.

Okuji