pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] New files in CVS

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] New files in CVS
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:19:59 +0100

> And thanks for your remark Julien. In fact there is a mistake in my
> scheduler.py code. Monthdays should not exist, it has to be weekday. I will
> adapt the code ASAP.

Aargh :) Now I'm really confused... in your code, you *don't* have
monthdays or weekdays, but you *do* have weekday. Could you confirm me
that it has to have monthdays and weekdays instead of weekday ?

(snip)

> Now, what needs to be done that I'm not currently working on:
> - A Schedule has various time and date fields. All are arrays (yes, year
> entry as weel ;-) and we should have a class that could convert those arrays
> in Strings like "Today, at 5.00pm" or "Every Monday at 18:00"
> - Link the actual GUI we have with the ScheduleList and Task class.
> Schedulist could be simply linked with a "for ... in ..." loop at GUI
> initialization. For Task class, we should first define child class (like
> CmdLineTask) and add some Gtk+ code in them to display the necessary fields
> for configuration.

As I've done most of the UI so far, I'd like to volonteer on these 2
tasks. But I guess I'll have to wait for the underlying classes to be
fully implemented first.

> Ok, as you can see, there a lot of things to be done. Consider that the code
> I've submitted is really not usable, as weel as the API of the different
> class are not definitely frozen.

Unless you really need help on defining the API, I'll let you work on
this. First, because I think it doesn't need 2 people to work on it, and
secondly because I really lack time these days. But when you've got a -
somewhat - frozen API, I'll start linking it to the UI. Is that OK for
you ?

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>