qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Regression tests - syscall note

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Regression tests - syscall note
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:54:27 +0200

Hi,

I just updated test-i386 so that it includes vm86, exceptions and self-modifying code tests. I hope it will help qemu ports on other CPUs.

About the Sparc and Alpha ports, some changes are needed in syscall.c to convert errno codes, signal numbers and various syscall bit fields. The corresponding code can be extracted from em86 if needed.

A more generic problem is that qemu currently uses 'errno' to get the error code of syscalls. The problem is that it is not thread safe as qemu does not rely on the glibc pthread library. My current idea is to call directly all the syscalls from qemu and to use the real Linux return value instead of errno. Is there a better solution ?

Fabrice.