qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM
Date: 09 Jul 2003 21:53:53 +0200

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 20:35, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I was just playing with the ARM support, it's great to see it taking
> shape :)  Fabrice, are you still investigating it, or does it work for
> you?  My local ARM setup crashes a few hundred instructions into ld.so;
> a loop runs for too long and hits the top of the stack.

Hello,

Maybe a flag problem..
As I was looking the overflow flag calculation, while trying to fix it
in my PPC emulation, I noticed that this flag should be masked with (1
<< 31) to be correct.
Fabrice, could you confirm this point ?
It seems to work well in my PPC code...

It may also comes from the fact that the qemu Elf loader builds a
"buggy" stack. I don't known anything about the ABI for the ARM, but I
noticed that the stack wasn't aligned properly on PPC and that some
informations were missing, but I don't really know if those infos are
vital or not.
Even in x86 emulation, the stack is really different from the one built
by the Linux kernel (I compared with a linux-2.4.21 kernel).
I fixed some crashes, changing this code to do the same as the kernel,
but dynamic x86 loading is now buggy with that patch...

Regards.

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>