qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU config

From: Herbert Pötzl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU config
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:31:53 +0200

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:45:15AM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> > am I still subscribed to the qemu mailing
> > list? is the list down? didn't get a
> > message since Aug 11 ...
>
> I made commits the last few days - you should have received them by the
> mailing list.

L Aug 11  Fabrice Bellard    20 [Qemu-devel] qemu README
L Aug 11  Fabrice Bellard    20 [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile
L Aug 20  Fabrice Bellard    29 [Qemu-devel] qemu cpu-exec.c cpu-i386.h e 138 N
F Aug 22  Herbert Pötzl     133 [Qemu-devel] QEMU fails with 2.6.0-test3-

thats all I got recently ...

> BTW, I plan to rename qemu to qemu-user[-i386] and vl to qemu before
> releasing 0.4.4. I also plan to remove most command line options to 'vl'
> and to force the use of a configuration file such as:

no problem with that, but could you make the
qemu-doc.html optional, as I had to comment
it out several times in a no-texi2html env?

> vl linux.qemu
>
> with linux.qemu containing:
>
> kernel=xxxx
> hda=xxxx
>
> It is needed now to have enough flexibility for full PC simulation and
> also to simplify vl usage for novice users.

what about gdb ;) ... and ... :| ... breakpoints .... :(

best,
Herbert