qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Best emu on the world.

From: Francisco José Cañizares Santofimia
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Best emu on the world.
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:25:43 +0000

Hi all.

I'm just a spanish user that uses qemu from 0.5.0 version, and i think it's
very very good!

I send this email just to expose mi opinion about the CVS version of now.

First of all, when i launch qemu i obtain this:

/etc/qemu-ifup: could not launch network script for 'tun1'

So, where it's the qemu-ifup script?

Another thing that would be useful it's perhaps the option to read configs from
a text file, but keeping the possibility of write directly in the screen the
options for launching qemu (i.e for a fast try).

And another thing that I saw in mailing list few days ago about a graphics card
emulation.

In my humble opinion would be very useful implement VBE emulation.

Why? Because as an opensource card, many people are writing different drivers
for different OSes (for example, in ReactOS)

If not, you can use a normal VESA driver (for example, for win installation).

And about "writing" a S3 trio for qemu, it sounds good, but i prefer maintaning
the two options, VBE and S3, for maintaning the compatibility for OSes as much
it's possible.

Please, remember that this is an opinion, and you can just ignore it ;)

Keep the good work

Regards,

      Francisco

P.S.: Also I just was wondering what about an IRC channel. If you found this
useful i can create one on irc.freenode.net (in past, openprojects.net).
Get Paid... With Your Free Email at
http://www.zwallet.com/index.html?user=telefrancisco