qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Nightly builds of qemu

From: Gabriel Ebner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Nightly builds of qemu
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:58:13 +0100

Hello,

Am Mon, den 16.02.2004 schrieb Manish Bansal um 10:37:
>   Is there anyway I can get the nightly builds of qemu everyday?
>From what I can see we don't have that (yet).

>  Something like
> Wine where a new rpm file is created everynight from the cvs?
I think you're free to do the job if you want to. :)

> My point is that
> I like to tinker around with qemu but I don't want to compile it myself.

qemu is by no means as big as wine:
$ du -sbh wine-20031212/ qemu/
50M     wine-20031212
2,4M    qemu

Is there any reason you don't want to compile it yourself?  It's just
2.4 megs and compiling does not take that long too:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1800.837
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mp mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 3555.32

$ time { ./configure; make; }
real    1m30.833s
user    1m18.858s