qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] x86-64 port

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] x86-64 port
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:15:13 +0100

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

Hi,

Nick Snellock wrote:

Is anyone working on an x86-64 port?

Not me :-) An x86-64 host port would be very interesting because the 64 bit host MMU could be used to remap the whole emulated 4GB address space.

Fabrice, remember that I posted AMD64 support bits to the list some time ago? ;-) This works for user mode applications. As for the soft mmu, the current code is not 64-bit clean. I had some patches but they were not enough and are in a dormant state since. So remapping the whole 4GB address space is probably a faster and simpler fix indeed.

Sorry - I should have merged it before ! If you can generate a new patch against the current CVS I'll merge it (if you don't have time I can begin to look at it - I am looking now at the version you posted). If the user mode is working, most of the work is done.

It seems easy to merge... so I am merging it now.

Fabrice.