qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k mouse

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k mouse
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:44:31 +0200

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> In my case, I still have QEMU segfaulting on me during the second
> stage installation.

I believe the fix is in the pipe. But to get some more input on something
related; could you first make sure you have target-i386/helper.c from CVS.
Then test searching for "XXX: explain me why W2K hangs" and replace "#if 1"
with "#if 0". There is reason to believe the fixed eip when returning to v86
mode has taken care of the problem that cludge was for.

In addition I can report that doing just that, resetting the segment cache,
allows the ToolStar*Test demo floppy to run as expected. Previously it
had... should we say some problems.

There are still bugs in the VGA code that will totally hang for which I've
mailed Fabrice the patches. Should you want to preempt CVS to see if they
make a difference (they stop QEMU from SEGV), at the beginning of
vga_update_display add the following:

    if (!(s->ar_index & 0x20)) { /* output is disabled */
        printf("VGA: vga_update_display not updating due to display
disabled\n");
        return;
    }

Then in vga_draw_text (sorry, no line numbers since my vga.c doesn't match
yours in that respect), around 90 lines into it just before the cy loop
starts, try the following:

    if (height * width >= CH_ATTR_SIZE)
    {
        printf("TMN: Saving VGA from crashing in vga_draw_text()\n");
        return;
    }

/Mike