qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win2K status...

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win2K status...
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:52:13 +0200

Hi all,

Just a quick status of where I am :-)

My version of QEMU is CVS but with network (do not manage to get
/dev/net/tun0 working anyway) and sound disabled (did not check with the fix
that was comitted this week-end for SB16).

The installation went fine (no problem at all).

The problems remaining :

 - when booting in 'normal' mode, I get a nice Black screen when Win2K
   leaves 'VGA' mode and try to load the real graphical driver (it works
   fine when I disable in the code the S3 emulation code => must be either a
   bug in QEMU's S3 code or in the X86 code generated from the S3 driver
   code).

 - when booting in VGA (or Safe) mode, it works fine (in 800x600x16
   colours).

 - when installing the Bochs VBE drivers (found here
   http://dhenriq.en.eresmas.com/), the screen is completely garbled when I
   boot (you can see a screenshot here : http://www.bbrox.org/qemu_vbe.png)

As I never touched low-level VGA programming, the 'vga.c' code looks like
chinese for me (and I really have no idea how to debug it).

But apart from these problems, it works really well :-)

         Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/