qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS support table

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS support table
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:10:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> The last CVS versions evolved so quickly that the OS list probably needs to be
> updated with several systems.

   Solaris 9 x86 - 0.5.5 doesn't boot
   Solaris 10 x86 - 0.5.5 doesn't boot

IMHO both should boot at least in 0.5.6 -- as already reported Pavel Janik
and me. The problem was with Solaris installer on the installation CD
which is probably written in Java which doesn't work till the patches to
support ffree opcodes which were added recently. Anyway, with or without
Java, Solaris is able to be installed by using CD#1 and in fact is running
quite well for me now (at least version 9). -- I have tested mainly pci
and pci/cirrus so I don't know about plain isa, but at least I know that
it booted with plain isa in the past...

Cheers,

Karel
--