qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp, darwin problems

From: kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp, darwin problems
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:37:42 +0900

Hi,

Friday, June 25, 2004 2:37 PM Joshua Kwan wrote:

>My thinking is that qemu might be looking in the wrong place for a
>gateway? My computer is behind a NAT, and has two network interfaces:
>one for a local wired network, and a wireless network which allows me to
>connect to my firewall and the Internet. My default gateway is set
>correctly and I am able to use the Internet normally from my host.
>However, qemu maybe doesn't see the default gateway being used or
>something?

QEMU with slirp is a simple client program. Virtual network in QEMU which
has DHCP server doesn't have any relationship with a host's network
configuration. If your debian can get an IP address like 10.0.2.x by dhcpcd
or dhclient from virtual DHCP server , the problem is that packets cannnot
be sent or received to QEMU.

If you can use tcpdump as root on a host OS, you can check it.
[host OS]# tcpdump -i eth0
or
[host OS]# tcpdump -i eth1     (if you have two cards)
or when you use a host-gest connection,
[host OS]# tcpdump -i lo

Then use a program on a guest OS.
[guest OS]$ lynx  http://----example-----/

When a connection is normal,  you will see some output of tcpdump.

Regards,
kazu